Pitfalls to Avoid: Common Mistakes in the ISO/IEC 27001 & ISO/IEC 27701 Certification Journey
October 10, 2023
3:00 PM CEST
Online, Zoom Platform
We are thrilled to share our first webinar, “The Price of Success: Unlocking the Rewards of ISO Certifications.” The webinar was held on June 7, 2023, by industry expert Rinske Geerlings and provided invaluable insights into ISO certifications and their impact on organizational success.
Rinske delved into the impact ISO certifications have on organizations, the investment required, and the tangible benefits to be gained. We explored how ISO certifications offer a competitive edge, optimize costs, build customer trust, enhance operational efficiency, and expand market opportunities.
Stay tuned for more exciting webinars in the coming months! Our team is working diligently to create engaging content that addresses your questions, concerns, and interests regarding ISO certifications and their impact on organizational success. Follow our future newsletters, as we will be sharing details about these upcoming webinars.
During the webinar, we received an overwhelming response from our engaged audience, and we appreciate all the questions submitted. While we could not answer all of them during the live session, we will address them in an upcoming blog post. Keep an eye on our website and newsletter for updates.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our webinar!
If you have any suggestions or specific topics you would like us to cover in our future webinars, feel free to reach us at [email protected]. Your feedback is invaluable as we strive to deliver content that meets your needs.
For those who missed the live session, we have great news! We have prepared a recording of the webinar, available here. Check out all the valuable insights and knowledge shared during the session and share the link with colleagues and peers who may benefit from it.
Presented by Rinske Geerlings
Rinske is a multi-award winning, internationally known consultant, speaker and certified Business Continuity Management (BCM), Information Security and Risk Management trainer. She draws on more than 20 years’ experience gained during roles across 5 continents, consulting to Departments of Prime Minister & Cabinet, 15 Central Banks, BBC, Shell, FujiFilm, Lenovo and 100s of other public and private organizations across 5 continents.
She was awarded Risk Consultant of the Year 2017 (RMIA/Australasia) and Outstanding Security Consultant 2019 Finalist (OSPAs). She has been changing the way organizations’ plan for the unexpected’. Rinske applies a fresh, energetic, fun, practical, easy-to-apply, innovative approach to topics often perceived as dull and cumbersome.
She works with Boards and Executives on practical Risk Appetite statements, but also works hands-on with middle managers and staff to implement processes and plans that actually work when you need it most.
She holds ISO 22301, ISO 31000, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO22316, ISO 22361, CBCP, MBCI, ITIL, PRINCE2 and COBIT certifications.
Webinar Q&A Session
During the webinar, we received an overwhelming response from our engaged audience, and we appreciate all the questions submitted. While we could not answer all of them during the live session, we have addressed some of them below:
1. How can someone who wants to work with a company verify if they are certified?
To verify whether a company has been certified by MSECB, you can follow these steps:
- Contact MSECB: Reach out to MSECB directly to confirm the validity of the certificate by providing the certificate details obtained from the company. You can reach us at [email protected]
- Cross-check the IAF CertSearch Database: This is an online database or directory where you can search for certified companies, and by providing the certification details, you can verify whether a company has been certified by an accredited certification body.
2. Does my certification body have to be accredited by the accreditation authority in my country?
Not necessarily. A certification body can be accredited by any of the accreditation authorities as part of the IAF MLA Signatory, whose main intention is to facilitate the acceptance and recognition of certifications issued by CBs accredited by any signatory accreditation body. This means that a certification issued by a CB accredited by one signatory accreditation body should be recognized and accepted by other signatory accreditation bodies and the relevant authorities in their respective countries.
3.What if the organization is not fully ready, or we can say the implementation is not mature enough? Will they be able to achieve accredited certification?
If an organization is not fully ready or its implementation of standards is not mature enough, it will face challenges in obtaining an accredited certification. The audit and certification process requires organizations to demonstrate conformance with the requirements of a specific standard, and a lack of readiness or immaturity in implementing the requirements can hinder their ability to meet these criteria.
Mostafa AlShamy is a trainer, assessor, consultant, and then auditor with more than 20 years of experience in GRC and respective fields, including but not limited to SMS, ISMS/PIMS, BCMS, RM, Data Governance, and Management.
In the last six years, he has conducted tens of audits on behalf of MSECB over four continents. Through his experience, he has helped many organizations express their commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
Audit is all about discovering weaknesses and strengths in the audited organizations. An auditor’s job can be easy or difficult, depending on how the auditor manages the relationship with the auditee. It takes a lot of effort to provide accurate comments and conclusions so that the auditee will accept them and move forward with improvements.
This webinar will discuss how to avoid Common Mistakes in the ISO/IEC 27001 & ISO/IEC 27701 Certification Journey.
Join us to learn how to build an ISMS and PIMS that can pass the certification audit easily in one go.
By joining this webinar, you will learn:
- Identifying and addressing weaknesses in your ISMS and PIMS.
- Strategies to streamline the certification process and reduce the risk of audit findings.
- Best practices for building a solid foundation for conformity with ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27701
- Identifying potential pitfalls during an audit.
- Real-world examples and case studies of successful certification journeys.
Who should attend:
- Information security and privacy professionals.
- Compliance and risk management teams.
- IT and cybersecurity personnel.
- Executives and decision-makers.
- Consultancy organizations.
- Anyone seeking ISO/IEC 27001 & 27701 certification insights.
Presented by Rinske Geerlings
Ms. Rinske Geerlings is an internationally known, award winning consultant, speaker and certified trainer in Business Continuity, Security, Disaster Recovery and Risk Management with over 20 years global experience. Since 2019, she has led many audits against ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO 22301 as an MSECB Auditor. She founded Business As Usual (www.businessasusual.com.au) in 2006.
By joining this webinar, you will:
- Discover how ISO certifications can give you a competitive edge in your industry.
- Gain insights into the costs associated with the certification process and how to optimize them.
- Learn about the tangible benefits of ISO certifications, including improved customer trust, enhanced operational efficiency, and expanded market opportunities.
- Engage with our experienced speaker who will address your questions and concerns directly.
- Network with other industry professionals, auditors, and potential partners who are attending the webinar.
Who should attend:
- Business owners and executives
- ISO management system auditors
- Quality managers and professionals responsible for ISO standards
- Individuals seeking to enhance their knowledge of ISO certification and its impact on organizational success.